Each November since 1999, the Association of Fundraising Professionals Utah Chapter (Formally Utah Society of Fund Raisers), Utah Nonprofits Association, and now UServeUtah have celebrated Utah's outstanding philanthropists and volunteer leaders at the annual Philanthropy Day Luncheon.
In its first year, Utah Philanthropy Day recognized some very prestigious members of our community such as Jon and Karen Huntsman, Sr., Harris and Amanda Simmons and the George S. and Dolores Doré Eccles Foundation. It was an honor to celebrate these fine individuals and organizations, and to continue to do so each year, carrying out the tradition of recognizing the ultimate in compassion brought forth in our community.
Seven prestigious awards honor the various components of the critical nexus between visionary, supportive philanthropy and thriving, creative nonprofit organizations that respond to community concerns and the need for change.
Thanks to our Utah Philanthropy Day steering committee who help to organize and host this annual event.
2016 Committee Chair:
Marsha Gilford, Smith's Food & Drug
Utah Philanthropy Day 2016
c/o Utah Nonprofits Association
231 East 400 South, Suite 345
Salt Lake City, UT 84111
- Marsha Gilford, Smiths Food & Drug, Utah Philanthropy Day Chair
- Matt Minkevitch, The Road Home, Utah Philanthropy Day Immediate Past Co-Chair
- Melissa Mathews, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, AFP Board President
- Kate Rubalcava, Utah Nonprofits Association
- Joseph Dane, HawkWatch International, Utah Philanthropy Day Treasurer
- Robyn Payne, Rowland Hall
- LaDawn Stoddard, UServeUtah
- Lorena Riffo-Jenson, Arches Health Plan
- Brooke Dimond, Utah Nonprofits Association
- Katie Barlow, UServeUtah
- Mike Washburn, Thanksgiving Point
- Doug Elliott, Daniels Fund
- Jennifer Schreiter, Benjen Associates LLC, Utah Philanthropy Day Event Coordinator